Now you have a choice of how to join the Association, renew your membership or make a donation by e-transfer!
- Use our online membership form. Just click here.
- If you prefer, you can still print a Membership Form to mail or bring to a meeting, click here for a printable form.
- to make a donation by e-transfer:
- Go to your bank’s secure e-transfer page. Send the donation to Sidney Community Association at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Use Seaside as the security answer.
- Important. Please also write to us at email@example.com and let us know you sent the donation. Our Treasurer needs to know where the money came from!
- Of course, donations are also accepted in the form of cheques mailed to P.O. Box 20095
Sidney BC V8L 5C9 or received at at meetings.
We welcome new members. The more members we have, the more effective we can be. Benefits of membership include voting for the Board and receiving regular email communications from us about what’s going on in Sidney. Our Bylaws and Constitution are available on the Links page.
Members are Sidney residents and friends who want to be informed and involved in shaping the community we live in. We are dedicated to enhancing transparency and accountability of municipal governance and advocating for adherence to the Official Community Plan (OCP). We believe in respectful, constructive discussion about municipal affairs in the Town of Sidney.
What We Do
- We present speakers about topics that are important to the Sidney community.
- We attend Sidney Town Council and Committee of the Whole meetings and send a summary of the proceedings to our members
- We find out as much as we can about issues the Town is dealing with and share that information with our members.
- We bring the concerns of our members to the attention of Town Council. This often takes the form of asking the Town to consult with residents and/or to provide more information.
You may also want to contribute some of your time, skills and experience by helping in one of these areas:
- Attending and reporting on Council meetings
- Joining the Environment and Climate Committee or the Membership Committee.
- Learning about our Official Community Plan
- Communications, including print, digital and social media
The Community Association wants to hear from you. Please contact the Association anytime. We answer emails usually within a day.